The District Court of NSW http://www.districtcourt.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/districtcourt/index.html has jurisdiction to deal with:
- Motor accident personal injury claims of any amount that have been either assessed, or made exempt from assessment, by the Claims Assessment and Resolution Service.
- Other Civil matters up to the value of $750,000, or over that amount if all parties consent.
- All criminal matters apart from murder, treason and piracy.
- Residual matters transferred from the Compensation Court of NSW.
- Summary jurisdiction for offences under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- Medical Tribunal.
- Appeals of Local Court and Children’s Court decisions.
The court is presided over by Judges who delegate some of their functions to Registrars. The Chief Judge is the Honourable Justice Reginald Blanch AM.
The court’s Sydney CBD registry is situated at Level 4, John Maddison Tower, Sydney NSW 2000. Other Sydney metropolitan registries are located at Liverpool and Parramatta. The court also sits at Campbelltown and Penrith and various other locations around the state.
1300 00 2088